Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Workstation :There are 8 computers for public use: 4 in the rear of the inside room and 4 in the front. 7 computers are connected to hospital network and 1 is off network. You must be affiliated with Dignity Health to log into the hospital network.
Access to Resources: All networked computers have access to internet, library online resources, Cerner, Myjourney, MS Office programs.
Printing: All computers are connected to printers. Printing is limited to work related documents up to 10 pages for free.
Scanner/Fax machine: Scanning and faxing documents are available using the copier in the library
Borrow Library Materials
Employees, Physiciasns and Students affiliated with SJMC & Dignity Health may use or borrow library materials.
- Borrowers are required to fill out a check-out form
- Library Catalog is available to search for the materials needed.
- Loan Period: Books, Journals (back issues), CDs - 2 weeks, Library Only materials - 1 day
- Loan period can be extended by calling the library at 209-467-6332
- A courtesy notice may be sent via phone or email for overdue items.
- Class books for ACLS, BLS, PALS, NRP are checked out from Education Department office.
How do I request?
Physicians, Residents, Staff affiliated with Dignity Health SJMC may contact the librarian for the support of research,literature review, document delivery, etc for evidence based practice. Provide the following information as much as you can.
- Article Request:
- Email for Article Request
- Provide some of the following information (as much as possible) :
- Article title, author, Journal title, volume or issue number, publication year, page number
- Literature Search Request:
- Email for Literature Search Request
- Provide the following information as much as possible
- Research Topic , Research purpose (Patient care, Research, Publication, Presentation, Patient education)
- Publication type needed:(Review articles, Nursing peer reviewed articles, Practice guidelines, etc)
- Range of Publication year needed:(current 2 years, 5 years, 10+ years, etc)
- Time frame needed: (Rush <8h, Normal: 2- 3 days)
Current Awareness Services
Current Awareness Services are intended to help SJMC clinicians, staff and residents keep up-to-date with the latest professional literatures in their field or research areas.
- Table of Content (TOC) Service
- This is a new issue alert. Library emails the Table of Contents of the new issues of the journals you are interested in a on regular basis.
- If you are opting for receiving the Table of contents from the library, browse the lists and mark the journals of your interest
- Return the list or email to the Library.
Journal Club Articles: The method of selecting an article varies.Various digital resources are available to help you select important and timely research articles, some of which are free and others fee-based. Contact a librarian if you need assistance in selecting or getting articles for your Journal club.